At Benatar and Co Ltd. we are committed to safeguarding and preserving the privacy of our visitors.
DEFINITIONS AND INTERPRETATION
collectively all information that you submit to Benatar and Co. Limited via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;
a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies)
Data Protection Laws
any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK;
the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;
Benatar and Co. Limited, we or us
Benatar and Co. Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 07540015 whose registered office is at Willowdykes Barn, Wash Lane, St. Peter South Elmham, Bungay, Suffolk, NR35 1NH, United Kingdom;
UK and EU Cookie Law
the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronxic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
User or You
any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Benatar and Co. Limited and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Benatar and Co. Limited and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
the website that you are currently using, benatarandco.com, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Benatar and Co. Limited is the “data controller”. This means that Benatar and Co. Limited determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
In running and maintaining our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information about your use of our site including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data.
- Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you contact us through our contact page.
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means.
If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us.
Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
- Right to access – the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive.” Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
- Right to correct – the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erase – the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
- Right to restrict our use of your Data – the right to “block” us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
- Right to data portability – the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
- Right to object – the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION
To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us..
If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO’s contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/.
It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use the information that we collect from you to provide our services to you. In addition to this, where your consent has been provided in advance, we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide information to you that you request from us relating to our products or services.
- To provide information to you relating to other products that may be of interest to you. Such additional information will only be provided where you have consented to receive such information.
- To inform you of any changes to our website, services or goods and products.
- If you have previously purchased goods or services from us we may provide to you details of similar goods or services, or other goods and services, that you may be interested in.
- Where your consent has been provided in advance we may allow selected third parties to use your data to enable them to provide you with information regarding unrelated goods and services which we believe may interest you.
- Your consent to receiving any such information can be withdrawn by you at any time.
DISCLOSING YOUR INFORMATION
- In the event that we sell any or all of our business to the buyer.
- Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information.
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling Benatar and Co. Limited to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.